Revocation and Reinstatement
If you have not reported the required 45 continuing education credits to renew your FPAC credential by the posted deadlines, nor requested and qualified for an extension, your certification will be revoked and you will no longer be authorized to use the Certified Corporate FP&A Professional mark professionally. An official notice of revocation will be sent by certified mail.
Should you wish to reinstate the credential after revocation, you are required to submit a formal appeal to the AFP Certification Committee within two years from revocation. For your appeal to be considered, you must provide the following:
- A letter or statement outlining the reason(s) for the lapse in reporting continuing education (CE) credits required for renewal.
- A non-refundable reinstatement appeal fee ($250 AFP member, $300 non-member)
- A non-refundable Late Reporting Fee ($160 AFP member, $275 non-member)
- A completed Reinstatement Appeal Form listing the outstanding 45 continuing education credits earned since your last renewal. All credits must be completed prior to submission of the appeal.
- Supporting documentation for each CE activity being reported. Examples of acceptable supporting documentation f can be found under the program category descriptions located on this page.
The appeal must be submitted within two years of the cycle end date for which credits were not reported.
For example, a former certificant whose credential was revoked for failure to report credits for the July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2018 cycle has until June 30, 2020 to submit an appeal. If an appeal is not received by the deadline the opportunity to reinstate will be forfeited. To regain the credential after the appeal submission deadline a former certificant must submit a new enrollment application, remit the appropriate exam fees, retake and pass both parts of the examination again.
Recertification Cycle After Reinstatement
If your FPAC credential is reactivated through the appeal process your recertification cycle will begin where your last cycle ended.
- Delinquent 3-Year Cycle – July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2018.
Reinstatement appeal submitted and approved by June 30, 2020.
Recertification cycle will be – July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2021.
Deadline to earn credits – June 30, 2021. Report credits by August 15, 2021 and October 15, 2021.
If you regain the designation by retaking the Certified Corporate FP&A Professional exams the first recertification cycle will begin July 1 of the year of the testing window in which the exam was taken.
- If the exam is taken on any date within the February/March 2015 testing window (2015A) the first recertification cycle is July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2018.
- If the exam is taken on any date within the August/September 2015 testing window (2015B) the first recertification cycle is also July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2018.